1. Managed to entertain, on fine china, and have every element of the meal come together at the same time (yay!). Charcoal grilled rib-eyes, roasted potatoes, homemade caesar salad (recipe below), garlic french bread (amazing), brownies/ice cream, red wine, and fresh roses from the backyard (decor, not dinner).
2. Had all dishes from said entertaining done before going to bed (thanks to my amazing husband).
3. Am hoping... for the first time perhaps ever, to return the rented movies on the day they're due to avoid late fees. This has to be done today. Wish me luck :).
Check out other's small successes this week at Faith and Family Live.
Homemade Caesar Dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, (not the good kind... the Kraft undiscernable-as-cheese-powder-in-the-green-container is actually better than the fine stuff for this, though the fine stuff could/should be served on top of the salad)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- a splash of milk (enough to get the blender going)
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Mince clove of garlic, and combine in blender (or food processor) with mayonnaise, anchovies, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use (serve on romaine lettuce with black olives, croutons, and, if desired, halved cherry tomatoes).
- After eating, serve breath mints, 'cause the garlic is potent. I actually made it with 3 cloves of garlic, but all night long I was re-living the salad (amazing the 1st time, not so amazing 2 hours later). 1 clove might not be enough but experiment and see what works best.