When we had a Pinochle Party back in December, I made lots of little hors d'œuvres. The one on the bottom is one of my favorites though (a dessert, not an hors d'œuvre)... Oreo Truffles! Since St. Pat's Day is tomorrow, I thought I'd try 'em with mint Oreos.
Mint Oreo Truffles
1 package Mint Oreo cookies
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark
1. Crush cookies (filling and all) in food processor or in a ziplock using a rolling pin
2. Stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
5. Once dry (if they get to that stage before you polish 'em all off), refrigerate and enjoy!
Makes about 36 truffles.